Empirical’s FASTaq™ HotStart DNA Polymerase is a chemically modified hot-start Taq polymerase designed to reduce non-specific DNA amplification during reaction set up.
FASTaq™ HotStart DNA Polymerase and Buffer System has been developed for Automated Dispensing, High-Throughput and Microarray applications.
FASTaq™ HotStart DNA Polymerase has activation times of two to 10 minutes at 95°C, resulting in faster cycling and fewer program changes.
Chemical modification keeps FASTaq™ HotStart DNA Polymerase free of any contaminating DNA from modifying agents (such as antibodies). FASTaq™ DNA Polymerase, IVD Grade, is manufactured under ISO13485 Quality System and is suitable for use as a raw material in IVD applications.
- HotStart PCR and RT-PCR
- Labeling of DNA with modified nucleotides
- Manufacture of application mixes requiring stringent controls and validation
- High Processivity
- Purity: >98% Pure by SDS-Page
- Concentration: >5U/ul
- Free from Bacterial DNA: 60 qPCR Cycles Minimum
- Free from Human Genomic Contamination: 60 qPCR Cycles Min.
- Unspecific endonucleases (?DNA): Not detectable in up to 25 U after 16 hours incubation at +37°C.
- Nicking activity (pBR322 DNA): Not detectable in up to 25 U after 16 hours incubation at +37°C.
- Animal-derived additives: None
- Activation Time: 2 – 10 Minutes ( Assay Dependent)
Storage buffer: Tris/HCl, 20 mmol/L; KCl, 100 mmol/L; DTT, 1 mmol/L; EDTA, 0.1 mmol/L; Tween 20, 0.2% (v/v); glycerol, 50% (v/v); pH 9.0 at +25°C
10 FASTaq™ Reaction Buffer