Empirical Bioscience’s Phu-50 Polymerase is a genetically modified Pyrococcus furiosus enzyme that also contains inherent 3’-5’ proofreading capability which increases the fidelity of the enzymes to 50X that of Taq DNA Polymerase.
Due to its increased processivity and fidelity, Phu-50 High Fidelity Polymerase is ideal for long-range PCR amplification, GC rich templates, cloning, mutagenesis, sequencing, and fast PCR due to shorter elongation time requirements. Phu-50 is an extremely stable enzyme at high temperatures and is free of contaminating endonucleases and exonucleases.
Empirical’s Phu-50 can amplify long targets: Phu-50 enzyme was compared to AlloyTaq, Thermo’s Phusion, and NEB’s Q5 enzymes by PCR of a 8.5kb fragment from the human beta-globin gene.
Empirical’s Phu-50 is sensitive: Decreasing units of Phu-50 enzymes were used to amplify a 1.3kb fragment from the human beta-globin gene.
Storage and Handling:
Store at –20ºC upon arrival.
- 50X Fidelity of Taq DNA Polymerase
- High Sensitivity & Heat Stable
- High Processivity (30 sec/kb)
- Long Range Amplification: genomic DNA > 19 kb, lambda DNA > 30 kb)
- Amplifies High GC template
- Free of contaminating Endo and Exo Nucleases
- Chemically Modified HotStart
- Lyophilization-Ready formulations available
- High Fidelity Amplification
- NGS Amplification
- Site-Directed Mutagenesis
- Fast PCR